ABOUT THE EVENT:
When is the Walk/Run?
Saturday, September 7th, 2019
Where is the Walk/Run?
What time is the Walk/Run?
Registration starts at 6:30AM. 10K kicks off at 7:30 AM, 5K kicks off at 7:40AM, and Fun Run/Walk kicks off at 7:40 AM. Awards at 9:00 AM.
How do I get to the venue?
Physical Address: 3939 Valley View Ln, Farmers Branch, TX 75244
Direction signs to the start/finish line will be put up for your convenience.
What about Parking?
Parking is free. Parking Signs will be put up and ushers will be at the lots to help you.
How do I register for the Walk/Run?
- Register online
- Send us an e-mail for more info (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Register at the venue on the day of the event at 6:30AM
Can I register/pay on the day of the Vibha Walk/Run?
Yes! Event day registration will open at 6:30am and close 15 minutes prior to the race (7:15am). Pre-registered entrants will not be guaranteed t-shirts after that time. Event day registrants will receive t-shirts as long as they last.
How long is the Vibha Walk/Run?
There is a 10K Run / 5k Run / Family Fun Run or Walk.
5K Route (10K will be two loops)
What is a Family Fun Run/Walk?
What’s better than running and promoting a healthy lifestyle in your family.
This race is first of its kind where 2 participants of a Family walk or run together to the finish line sharing a common BIB. We are promoting this race so that Families create a healthy fun lifestyle together and SET AN EXAMPLE for your kids. Run with a sibling, spouse, or parent!
How does the run work?
- Who can Participate: Any 2 or more members of a family. Here are some examples:
- 2 or more siblings
- a husband, a wife, and kids
- Grandparents with grand children
- All participants must register.
- Both runners will run or walk along 1.5 mile route together.
- The participants are expected to stay together and finish together.
- Race distance is 1.5 miles for each participant with a total of 3 miles/team
Water stations every 1.5 to 2 km with water (Please carry additional water if needed.)
Can my kids participate?
Yes. Given that Vibha’s vision is to provide a brighter future for underprivileged children, it makes perfect sense to get your children involved. However, parental discretion is advised for distances. And, the gazeebo near the registration provides a wide range of activities for children.
Can my pets participate?
Yes. as long as they’re on a leash!
What should I wear for the Vibha Walk/Run?
Comfortable shoes, a hat, sunglasses and extra sunscreen. Serious runners wishing to participate in the Run should wear their running gear.
What happens if it rains on the day of the Walk/Run?
The event goes on. If it rains hard and it becomes too difficult to Walk/Run, the route will be shortened.
What is a Pledge?
A pledge is an amount that is donated by an individual who wishes to support out cause.
How can I raise pledges?
Yes! Please click here for information. (Click on Fundraise on the top)
Are pledges a must?
No, they are not a must, but pledges are a very important part of the Walk/Run. Pledges constitute a significant portion of the funds raised through the Walk/Run. Pledging is one way of showing you support the cause. Becoming a fundraiser is another – not only are you saying you wish to support the cause , but you also help us spread the word by trying to involve your friends and family.
What is a Corporate Team?
For The Dream Mile, a Corporate team is a group of employees (5 or more) from a company, participating in the event as representatives of their company. Beyond the basic definition, different companies have policies regarding their participation in community events.
- some may sponsor registration fees of all employees participating in the event. some go a step further and sponsor family and friends of employees.
- some choose to match any pledges/donations raised by members of the corporate team.
- some help by actively spreading the word around through emails, fliers and posters.
- some give T-shirts to members of the corporate team or provide refreshments and goodies to be distributed at the event.
- Call your corporate community department or HR for more details as to how the company contributes for an event.
How can you help in forming a Corporate team?
- Get in touch with the corporate community department or HR in your company.
- Talk to them about the The Dream Mile, give a copy of the flier.
- Ask them how the company can help to form a corporate team and ways they can endorse and support the team.
- The most important thing is to gather participants to form a team from your company.
- Please send an email to email@example.com for more information.
- Spread the word about the The Dream Mile at your workplace!
- Insert along with paychecks, a memo announcing support of your company or organization.
- Deliver inter-office mail along with a cover memo.
- Feature your Vibha Walk/Run team in a newsletter, bulletin, website or other publications.
- Make announcement of your team’s involvement through e-mail.
- Investigate and make use of your company’s matching gift programs.
- Encourage healthy competition amongst departments in your company — be creative and have fun!
- Host a Children’s Awareness Day and have a Vibha Team sign-up table.
- Plan a picnic or other group activity for your team after the The Dream Mile.
What is NPO/University team?
For The Dream Mile, an NPO/University team is a group of people (5 or more) from an NPO or University, participating in the event as representatives of their organization.
What is Vibha?
Vibha is a non-profit organization that seeks to restore to underprivileged children their basic right to food, shelter, health and education – in short – a future.
What does Vibha do?
Vibha supports various projects in India and US working for the upliftment of underprivileged children. The volunteers of Dallas action center donate their time and skills to raise awareness in the community about children’s issues and to generate funds for child development projects in India and US.
Click here if you are interested in knowing more about Vibha and its activities.
How many people will be there?
We expect around 500 participants including children and 40 other volunteers and spectators.